Twisted Petals

Twisted Petals
(Taken by me.)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Are you humble?



        Hi Everyone!

    So my last blog was for those who weren't very confident in their beauty. This blog is going to be for those who might need to do a check on how much they've let it get to their head. Today I want to address the important issue of being humble. Now you may have never even thought of addressing the issue, but this is especially important if you are one of those "pretty girls". 

These "pretty girls" usually have more guy friends that are interested in them, get complimented from family, friends, other girls, and sometimes have enemies because other girls feel intimidated by them. They get a lot comments on their Facebook photos saying, "You're so pretty!" and etc., and are generally more popular. They can also get a lot of stares from males while out in public. 

Sometimes it takes awhile to realize you're one of those people, but if you get enough hints, you eventually start to consider the idea that, "Oh… I'm pretty…" This can instantly boost our self confidence. That's when we need to stop and realize what we're letting in. 

If you absorb all the praise, it will go straight to your head and you can eventually become a more selfish/stuck up person because of it. It could even effect the friends you chose and the crowd you're involved with. Ladies, DON'T LET IT HAPPEN. 

Personally, over the last few years, I have noticed that I, apparently, am one of these "pretty girls". My family tells me, my friends tell me, and I've gotten certain attention from guys. Have I let it slip to my head? Honestly, I think I have just a *little* bit. 

Okay, so what do I do about it? Blow it off? It is what it is, right? Wrong! The most important thing about knowing you're attractive is to almost not acknowledge the fact at all! 

There's feeling confident in your own skin and believing you are beautiful in God's eyes, and then there's knowing you're beautiful and acting and like it. You don't want to be the latter. God admires his beauties who aren't even aware of how beautiful they are to him. Those kind of beauties aren't focusing on themselves, they're focusing on the others around them and making them smile. They're focused on being lights and sharing the glory of God! 

That's what you need to be! Stay HUMBLE. 

(Humble, def: having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.)

Love you!!!!
~Halle Z. XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Well done Halle :-) Here's how God said it.

    1 Peter 3:3-4
    New International Version (NIV)
    3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

    ReplyDelete