Twisted Petals

Twisted Petals
(Taken by me.)

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Jesus is my boyfriend.



Hello lovely women of all ages! 


Some of you may be married, engaged, or happily in a relationship. However, there is still the vast majority of wonderful young women that are SINGLE. Now, there are three kinds of people when it comes to this situation. You're either thinking, "WHY AM I SINGLE!? I HATE MY LIFE," or "YES! I don't need no man, I'm riding solo, I'm free!!!" Then there are the neutral women, who are thinking, "Well, I'm single… I would be happy in a relationship, but there's nothing I can really do about it." 

I'm here to talk to all the single ladies, in ALL the situations. 

You can hate being single, you can love it, or you can be neutral. BUT! You need to have the right mindset. You need to remember (guess what I'm going to say here) : YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! But there's something else you need to know too: YOU ARE VALUABLE AND A PRECIOUS PRINCESS! 
If you hate being single, It's completely understandable. We were made to have a soulmate! It's biological! But you shouldn't go down the paths of believing, "Oh, I'll never find the right one… Maybe I'm just not pretty enough… Maybe I'm too awkward… I'm gonna end up a 40 year old virgin….Maybe all guys are just idiots!" This is not true! Believe it or not, your life has a plan, a BEAUTIFUL plan, too. In that beautiful plan, there is the perfect man that God has chosen for YOU. :) Sometimes, we may doubt it. But trust me, if you haven't met the right one yet, it may just be because God doesn't think you're ready yet! 

Now you need to understand what I believe. I BELIEVE in saving my whole heart for the one man God has for me. I always have and I always will. I know some of you may be thinking, "WHAT? Don't you have to go through a few guys to find the right one?" My answer is a simple laugh and a very frank, "NO." I believe, because I've seen it happen, that God will bring two people together and they will KNOW that they are supposed to be together. 

I'm going to use my personal beliefs/experience right here. Over the past year or two, I've especially found myself to be a little more interested in boys than usual…. and they've seemed to take an interest in me.  Unfortunately, I decided to take my love life into my own hands, and you know what happened? It ended up in a MESS. Actually, I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend. I've never minded this rule because of what I believed. But I never realized how hard it would be when a boy expressed his complete interest in me and was QUITE persistent. 

So that means, unfortunately, YES. I have had ONE boyfriend. But believe me, it's a mistake I will never make again. 

You know what my new strategy has been? My old one! Once I went through all the tears and hurt and anger and rejection, I've decided that I am going to stick to my old plan, because that is *THE BEST* thing I could ever do to save myself from going through all that crap (listed above) again! 

Now I'm not saying the temptation never comes around. I'm human, and a teenager. Of course I'm attracted to guys. But you know how I make that temptation go away? I remind myself that I am taken. I am a precious princess who has a divine King in heaven who is IN LOVE with me. Or in modern terms:

Jesus is my boyfriend. :) 

I encourage all you ladies to save yourselves from all those nasty things that can happen in breakups, because honestly, you're losing a piece of your heart every time it happens. GOD IS ALL YOU NEED! YOU ARE WORTH SO MUCH MORE! Try out this technique, and spend more time getting to know the Lord, even if you don't know him yet!

Yours truly,
Halle XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment